If you are planning to use affiliate marketing to create an income stream you want to make sure it’s successful. Let’s look at how you do that.
1. Do Your Research- It’s about a lot more than just posting an affiliate’s ad on your site and then waiting for the money to roll in. You need to do some research to ensure you understand the industry, what opportunities exist and if there are any risks. You also need to know what the current trends are and how the affiliate’s product fit into that. In addition you’ll want to look at the different ways to approach advertising your affiliate’s products such as PPC or Facebook ads.
2. Start with Simple – In other words start with baby steps – walk before you run. Discover how things work and then make the bigger decisions. Start with applying for the affiliate program that interests you. Opt for automated ad code, so that the network manger can access your ads, update them and change them for special occasions like Valentine’s Day.
3. Understand SEO and the Associated Tools – You’ll need to understand what SEO is, how it works, the role of keywords, and then find the right tools to help you track what’s going on and whether your choices are actually working.
4. Show Your Passion – If you can’t be passionate about the product/service you are going to sell, then it’s not the right one for you. Take some time to evaluate what’s great about the products/service, why you like it, why you’d use it, etc. Then increase your sales by writing about it showing your passion. Promote your product showing that passion. It will significantly increase your sales.
5. Know Who Your Audience Is – What does the profile of your potential customer look like for the product? What does the profile of the visitors to your site look like? Do they integrate or are they so opposite there’s hardly any likelihood they’d click and buy. If you answered the latter, you need to go back to the drawing board and find an affiliate product/service that matches your visitors profile.
6. Figure out Your Ads – It’s time to figure out what type of ad is going to entice your potential buyer to click the ad, watch the video, get the voucher, etc. You need ads that create action.
There you have it. Incorporate these 6 steps to your affiliate marketing and enjoy increased success.